Since I remember that today is actually Thursday, and, it has been a busy week I might as well use this format today.
This post brought to you by the letter S;
- School board meeting! It is one of my new hobbies to go to local meetings. I’ve met a good bunch of people and if you are going to be surrounded by politics, they might as well be meaningful.
- Spin class! Last week and this week Lars and I went together. The class is at a time we can both do and with the winter closing in we need an activity. I put my step counter on my ankle and got pretty good results, not perfect count, but I’m over 8k after the class when I went in at 4ish so a solid 4k steps.
- Social Media! First ‘normal’ week with all my clients and things are going pretty well. I still can’t believe that I’m actually getting paid to post on facebook and Instagram… it isn’t exactly easy because I still need to pull together all the things etc, but, I really do enjoy it. I like putting on all the different company hats and playing the game from their perspective.
There is more going on of course. We celebrated our favorite babysitters birthday today, she is now old enough to leave home alone in charge of kids (before she was a mothers helper with another adult around every time). We are also looking at Thanksgiving plans and I’m figuring out the month of November in general. Need to save something for tomorrow and Walking Dead is waiting for me just after bed time is achieved.
nap – she is sleeping, I should be
health – minor cold turns into major breathing event….
Weather – awesome, this is why I live here – sunny, 70, light breeze
House – getting party ready so a combo of clean and crafting piles
This week is full steam toward party, plus, keep up with normal life and fill in the gaps from our week last week. On top of it all Fiona had a breathing event… All night… I’m getting better at this at least so I guess my #1 thing is;
- 2 very healthy kids and one kid who’s health I can handle. There are so many parents with such worse conditions that I consider this breathing thing not so bad. She just gets a sniffle and it turns into a major wheeze. We also were not on top of her allergy medicines and the world decided to bloom. So we missed a playdate, that’s fine, sitting quietly looking at books is nice too.
- Pool noodle horses! These are really super easy and pretty inexpensive. I got the noodles at the dollar store, I got eyeballs, clothes line, and pipe cleaner (bridle) at walmart for under $8 total. The manes are scrap fleece and I got way more than I needed. I already had a glue gun and a sharpie and clear packing tape so over all an inexpensive craft. I finished all 15 in about an hour and a half. They are the ‘goodie bag’ for the royal theme party this weekend. Kids will have some horse races, maybe some art, a bit of ‘fight the knight’, and we will see what else.
- Brushing up my balloon twisting skills and making sure I can make plenty of swords for the party. This was also my wordless Wed pic but I’m still happy about it
I thought I was done since so much of my week is focused on party, cleaning, and kid care that I totally forgot about this picture until I was uploading from my phone. This is Zoe at the hotel and she is reading the only book she could find… They tested my limits that night but this picture is just cute enough it will be all I remember.