This is a departure from my normal day to day posts to bring you a printable form if you want to play my Pennsic Catch Them All game.
Here is the form;Pennsiccatchthemall (now with flying weapons supplemental!)
Greetings Known World going to Pennsic! If you were ‘going to catch them all’ at Pennsic what would you catch? We have the most exotic creatures all around us, we just have to look. This year I (Duchess Mary from Northshied) am sponsoring a quest for young and old to ‘catch’ SCA style.
The goal is simple – seek and find people from every stage of progression from every kingdom. I have a form to help you keep track and if you bring that form back to the Games Tent by 8/11 whoever caught the most gets a prize.
Truly, the real prize will be the people you meet and the things you learn.
And since we are a digital society if you feel inclined, and, it is not offensive to your ‘catch’ post pictures with #Pennsiccatchthemall
I will have some on site but if you want to come prepared please print at home. Mine are double sided, yours don’t have to be. Order isn’t important except the last page is intended to be the cover.
See you at pennsic!
It’s been a while so I have more than three, and, some are from other weeks that I didn’t get to write about.
- Happy Birthday Dad! My father turns another year older and for once in a long while his birthday is NOT a special lent day so he can eat and drink without bending the random laws of lent. I’m calling in for birthday candles tonight at 7 but I’ve been thinking good dad thoughts all day.
- Fiona, my little firecracker, is your typical 3 (almost 4) year old with her moods and her crazy but in general she is a happy kid. This week she helped wash dishes but spend most of the time cleaning the scrub-daddy and Monday she scootered almost a mile to the park.
- These cool creations from Borax actually came out very cool, I’m glad we did it – Thanks Pinterest!
- The Figgoli – you saw me make it, then decorate it, and the moment of truth – the taste! It was really really good. That recipe makes tons so we are still eating it because you cut a bit about the size of ‘fun size’ candy bar. I’ve been eating it for breakfast since it is basically a big pile of egg and almond (and butter) and I’m contemplating making it again to just cut into bars as my own power bar… It is not overly sweet and I’ve very very happy how it turned out.
- In a random cleaning I found my 1999 date book, you know, from when you had to write stuff down. I love this little bit of history and I even have the date I met Lars on it.
- Last but not least – Niamh made me this bracelet. All by herself. I actually have no idea how to do one myself even. She asked for help finding how on youtube (not allowed to youtube alone) watched the video and started churning them out. I’m happy that she wants to, I’m happy that she can use resources to figure out how, and I’m happy that her goal was to make something…
Thank you Miss C for these fun questions. If anyone else wants to join link or comment your answers! The questions are in bold, my answers follow in normal.
Wanting something to quench your thirst, what would you drink? Water. I really really like good water at room temp, too cold is not desirable.
What made you feel good this past week? My very soft bed and making it up for spring.
When you’re alone at home, do you wear shoes, socks, slippers, or go barefoot? Socks in the winter, barefoot in the summer (and half the winter but when I feel cold I hear my dad say “well put on some socks! and a sweater!”)
Would you rather live where it is always hot or always cold? hard one… can’t I have middle or seasons? I do enjoy my fall and spring best but I guess all other things equal I would take always hot since you can go outside more.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? Grateful for a community that plans fun events. I’m looking forward to Easter tomorrow and a mellow week and my mom visiting next week!