Nope, I won’t marry you…
This weekend I had the most random of lists of things to bring to the SCA event;
- 200 boxes of girl scout cookies, and, 2 girls to sell them, and all the ‘stuff’ that goes with selling cookies
- A tunic I made for a friend
- A set of flower girl dresses, and, 2 girls to wear them
- A form someone needed
I also brought all the normal stuff like lunch and outfits etc but it was a very multifunctional day.
The most odd item is the flower girl dresses, because, SCA events tend to focus on an era where brides didn’t even wear white and there were no such notions as flower girls HOWEVER a photographer friend is launching his site and does NOT want to do wedding photography. He did want a cute way to say that though, cute and also very clear, because brides to get rather persistent… Anyway, his vision was cute flower girls being a little sassy and holding signs that said ‘nope’ and ‘sorry’. We did this mini photoshoot in the end of a hallway by the bathroom with his studio lights and a backdrop all set up in less time than it took for me to put the girls into their dresses. He also provided props and I just love the results!
The funny side of this, beyond the pictures, is that they were posted on facebook, so I could see them, but, that meant that all my other friends could see them and the ‘why’ of the situation is not very clear. I started thinking from an outside point of view and my brain started churning out ideas for these images beyond their real purpose.
- They could be a very simple meme – like when I just don’t wanna anymore I will just post the ‘nope’ picture
- We can also launch a line of demented cards for when you can’t figure out how to decline a proposal – send a nice ‘nope’ card.
3. Finally, if you miss declining early and need to leave someone at the alter – just post this ‘Nope’ plus ‘sorry’ picture and all thats left is the crying. Adding the sorry is just polite at that point.