nothing super exciting happening here. We have a busy night tonight with 2 things semi-conflicting, but, we worked it out. The weekend should be full of getting ready and holiday cheer. This ‘normal’ week has been nice for getting things on track and I needed it! here is a fun picture of Niamh’s hair, I love the clip in color, it looks awesome on her.
In other generally dull news here are some updates/happenings for those of you who need something longer to read on a break in your day;
- The dishwasher magically healed? Or I cleaned it enough that I got whatever the clog was out. All hail the shopvac! For good measure, I did the baking soda, viniger, and boiling water trick too.
- Hot tub – fixed – it was a switch that got crudded up because of our hard water. Oh well, fixed now and I do enjoy having it back.
- Cutting the chord. I guess I didn’t tell the beginning here but I got mad at our cable company for all the normal reasons. I’m definitely not the first nor the last. I know that there is a price that will make you go to a company and a price that will make you leave. I am now firmly in ‘leave’. Lucky for us, a ton of others have blazed this path already so it really is not a hassle to dump the cable and phone. We expect to do it post-holiday travel though, just no time between now and then.
- Since I’ve been watching the hour for my fitbit I’ve made improvements on that stat. That tells me I sit by habit too long. If the kids are home I have no such troubles, 10 min sitting still is a lot if they are all home!
- Fiona overnight dry is in process. We have mixed results. On the bad side there was the 3am wake up. On the good side, there were a few totally dry wakeups. In between was waking up wet, but, at 7am. Not a win for dryness, but, a win for sleeping mom.
- Christmas card address, envelopes, and cards are actually in my hands – they will get put together tonight and hopefully mailed tomorrow.
So thats the run down off the top of my head. My brain is a series of lists, my house is covered in lists of things to do or bake or check. Far better than dull!