The weekend that tried to kill me
But was otherwise really pretty nice…
So this is a list of complaints. I normally don’t like to list complaints but this actually is so many it wraps around to funny. Seriously! I wanted to just quit the weekend!
- Fiona et all would not let me sleep in, this is normal, 1 in 10 Saturdays I get to actually sleep past 7am but it sets the tone.
- We had an event to go to, it was close so Lars went with Niamh who was actually ready and I fought the other two into outfits and car after lunch. Nothing really out of the ordinary so far, don’t worry, it gets better 🙂
- At the event a giant pole, I’m talking 12-14f tall and 3×3 around, fell on my head and knocked me over. Yeah, that did not feel nice.
- To add insult to injury, I fell on my bottom hard enough that it hurt as much as my skull.
- Lars had an evening commitment but I stayed home (no sitter and pole to the head) and all kids went to bed and I was ready for a nice early night BUT 30min after Fiona was asleep she was awake, and, awake until midnight no matter what I did.
- At 3am the cat, who should not be in my room, was next to my ear making a very slurpy licking sound and I pushed him off the bed to lick himself elsewhere. He jumps very quickly back because he left his MOUSE in my bed!
- Displeasure at chasing a cat with mouse out of the room coupled with the fact that this cat is on a LOW PROTEIN diet and Mouse is 100%, not low protein. He ate everything but the tail. He left that for me. Thanks.
- Since I’m awake at 3am I browse Facebook and see an announcement that would be annoying in any case but double bad at 3am after my ‘fun’ day.
- Tired the next day(nothing new) I am putting fresh sliders on the chairs and one slips and wacks me hard on all 10 toes…
- Then I’m hungry and don’t feel like real cooking so I put a pop tart in the toaster over. Can you guess? knuckle burn!
- Finally, since we know the mice are back, I set a bunch of traps and guess what? One snaps on my finger.
There really were good points all over the place. We had a great time at the pool, I had a nice run, we finished a game we had been working on, the kids were mostly good, the weather was great but just somehow …
I’m cautiously optimistic about this weekend, but, don’t want to jinx myself.