More than 3 things this week. Its been a mostly good week (glue eating aside)
#1 they say if you have your health… Well, I’m healthy and getting a bit more muscle. It’s a slow thing since I’m really doing more overall muscle things and squats (but I’m not putting my posterior on the internet) This shows my 6-month change
2. This is a project that took some thinking – I take cool pictures every year of the costumes that I work hard on but then they just live in my computer. This year I printed them all out and put them up! Each is just on a piece of scrapbook stock paper and clipped on so they are movable as I feel like rearranging. So far it has captivated Fiona who spends time every day ‘talking’ to all the pictures since a good portion is on her level.
3. Speaking of costumes – here is ‘red superhero’. Most easy costume ever! The arm things are socks with the foot cut off, and, I made a skirt from tied tuile. The other parts are purchased and super re-usable. Best thing is she loves it.
4. Told you Halloween would be prominent… This set of things were snacks for the Daisy troop and they loved them, they will also be reprised in the next 2 weeks lunches. Fiona was the helper and filled all the popcorn bags, helpers get to eat all that gets spilled right?
5. I made this cake as an answer to the pot luck inspiration ‘rescue’. As if D&D isn’t nerdy enough I asked the DM to give us a theme for the meal each time that is a hint for the game. So far its been fun! I searched the internet and nobody seemed to have a lifesaver cake out there so I made this up from known parts. It is 1-part ‘jelly’ roll (cake baked super thin on a cookie sheet on parchment paper), 1-part rainbow cake (divide the white cake batter and color, then, stripe the colors onto the cookie sheet), 1-part whipped cream to roll it up with and finally, 1-part lifesaver gummy candy. I think the long thin IKEA tray also helps, that tray always makes me happy 🙂
6. Last but not least a new game…. We don’t go out much so any ‘entertainment’ budget can go to fun games. This one is a new twist on the game Pandemic that we love. It is an ongoing game so you need a group that will keep playing over time AND it evolves like a choose your own adventure novel. It has 12 ‘acts’ and so many cool things that I can’t wait to play. Bonus, each game only takes about 1.5 hours so no huge commitment 🙂
This weekend we are taking a road trip that I hope will be full of fun. I’m looking forward to seeing the western friends!