The other day I mentioned I ‘won’ the Liebster award. It is an internet kudos, not really a judged award, but I’m very glad to make the top list of blogs for someone out there. Like most of these there are some conditions to accepting and they are always fun for getting to know others and that really is the point of the internet blog land – creating a community and a conversation. To be eligible you must have under 200 followers and follow the rules of answering the 11 questions asked by your nominator, add in 11 random facts*, choose people to award it on to (no repeats, share the love), and make 11 new questions for them.
Without further delay, the conditions;
Answering 11 Questions From Keeping a Thought
1. What genre of music do you dislike the most, if any? I dislike the genre of very loud screaming people. A little bit of screaming is ok but if that is all it is I can just take something away from Zoe and give it to Niamh and have it live and in stereo I have no idea why Lars likes this genre (or maybe he plays it so I won’t bother him)
2. What is one skill or talent that you would want the most? Ohh… I think I would really love to sing really well. There are so many awesome talents out there it is hard to pick.
3. Who is your role model, if any, and why? depends on for what, I have role models for being a mom (my mom and my friend Kathy), business (boss Dave), Organization and domestic splendor (Martha Stewart). There are more, someone for everything and I also have anti-role models, the people who I will do anything to avoid being like – good to nail down both ends of the spectrum.
4. What’s your reason for starting a blog? Two reasons, both stated many times – #1 to keep my family and friends informed in my doings #2 so I can look back and see what I or someone did/felt/etc. Even if it isn’t spelled out in a post I can read between my own lines and know.
5. What is your current favorite song? I’m not super into music really but I’ve really been into the faster aerobics speed mixes on pandora
6. What irritates you the most? Stupid people
7 Do you have any irrational fears? What are they (if you’re willing to say)? Water in my face
8. Would you be willing to jump off an airplane (with a parachute)? Why or why not? I guess I would but it isn’t my first choice of activity
9. What was your weirdest dream? I can’t remember any odd night time dreams, they are pretty mundane usually. Weirdest dream like ‘like to do’ might be to have a whole day to just super organize and clean.
10. If there was a zombie apocalypse (which I highly doubt, I hope), what three items would you want the most to survive and defend yourself against these moving corpses? Field hockey stick (carbon fiber stick with a club end), a blowtorch, and a bunker full of everything I need for a few years.
11. Did any of these questions irritate you, honestly? Na, innocent enough
Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your favorite hairstyle
2. How did you meet your partner, if you don’t have one yet, how would you dream to meet one?
3. What are you too old for but still do anyway?
4. Are you mad and anyone for an irrational reason?
5. What books have you read more then once? If none, what would you read again?
6. Favorite beverage and why
7. Who cooks best in your family?
8. What is the last thing you took a picture of?
9. If you were a flower what would you be?
10. Where are you in your birth order?
11. What is your dream job?
And Here are my Nominees – Last time I had an award like this I found a whole good list and then most of them didn’t care at all so this time I’m going with ones I really read and like and want to recognize.
Katie Anna – a fellow Kate I met on a mommyblogger list who had a baby just after I did. Her writing is hilarious, highly recommend
Shake things up; because I’m a nepotist and the blog is written by my sisters sweetie Evan and is about the cutest baby boy out there.
Kate’s Creative space – another Kate and this one in England, she has an awesome blog about crafting things and they are all too perfect. I love/hate her at the same time because she has such a fun sounding house and such skill to actually do all those things.
Renal failure – A talented writer friend (friend who is a writer?) has a sarcastic and ironic political style blog that indulges his multiple personalities and is fun, and often even informative, to read. Hopefully he accepts it and it would be even better if he answers the questions with his various people.
Living the post grad dream – She has over 200 followers but I think that might be because she just had a bit of a viral internet picture. Her style is fun and an easy to read and a lot like candy.
only 5 but all quality. I wish I could link back since it really is a good blog that recommended me but I’ll remember him next time.
*I actually forgot the 11 random facts about myself so I’m tacking it on here;
1. I kept my christmas lights going until the end of January – I like a bit of light and sparkle when it is so dark.
2. Right now we are watching The Game of Thrones
3. I’m reading Harry Potter fan fiction James Potter book 3 – it is an excellent set of books and very good continuation.
4. I have a water cup I love so much I took it with me to NY, it is a well traveled cup.
5. my favorite beer is Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
6. I’ve memorized a few dozen children’s books, I can recite they 100% and will for life
7. My favorite piece of technology is my iPhone
8. The last thing I painted was an accent wall in my living room
9. I have a large shoe collection and it is hard to not keep adding to it
10. I can do 4 pull up’s
11. I seriously over think art