Hello all – I have a whole list of things that don’t really flow together but I have time now to write so timeliness wins over literally style this time;
1. My previous post was not spam – apparently my ‘style’ is spamy when I’m excited and don’t edit. I would have to say that your normal spam post does not include the phrases ‘uber card’ or ‘big camera’ but I suppose I see where it does look generic. Anyway… if you skipped that link because it looked spammy look again, this is a very cool idea. I think half of most people’s problems with digital cameras is finding the time to get the pictures out of the camera and ‘to’ wherever they want to share them. I think I would choose to send them to my computer because I still like to edit stuff before I post but it would be cool to have the option to instantly send a pic to Facebook or Flickr. If I want that now I use my iPhone but it really is a lower quality camera then my big camera (Ti Rebel). I also like the geotag feature… I think this will be on my Christmas list and will be given as a gift in the future. Miss Math – I’m talking to you! You need to just set this up to upload directly to a photo printing site so we have a chance of seeing more than 5 pictures of Mr uddles.
2. Plans to kidnap my mother again were short lived – her business that had her out last week was going to happen tomorrow so she was coming out tonight again but the deal fell through… Now we restart but a bit of a bummer both to have the deal fall apart and to not get a surprise extra visit.
3. Random illness and attempted cures – we seem plagued with skin issues. TMI for most I’m sure but poor Zoe has had issues since she started daycare (not related as far as I can tell). Niamh has had what we call eczema that gets worse with stress and while in Fl she got pretty bad and it got infected. Funny enough, the infection looked a lot like one of the conditions Zoe had that the Dr had said was not contagious *however* this skin condition got much better when she (Zoe) was on antibiotics for an ear infection. Niamh was crying it was so painful so we brought he in and she was dosed with many antibiotics and now appears cured. However… now I seem to have developed it and she is right, it is really painful. I had to just deal with it because all the doctors are booked solid but I finally got an apt for tomorrow. Meanwhile, Zoe had a specialist apt last week that was highly unsatisfactory because the dr didn’t believe me that I thought there was more than one thing going on – her original style rash was back – and they just prescribed the same ‘oh you have a rash we can’t explain’ cream that we have already tried and after waiting 3 months for an appointment and doing the treatment on Sunday she is WORSE than ever. I don’t know if her brand of rash is just getting worse, or, she got something from me and/or Niamh but she has had a ton of trouble sleeping for the last few nights. That translates to me not getting to sleep. Not sleeping means I’m more susceptible to infection so now I feel like I’m falling apart because I’m catching every bug out there. HOPEFULLY the dr tomorrow can cure me, but, I also took the day off just to be able to sleep and relax for the first time in a few weeks. I will be calling Zoe’s dr and complaining too… thank goodness Niamh is ok for once! **I’m being very careful to not touch anyone and these things seem to be only transferring after a lot of contact to people with compromised system – ie – Lars is fine
4. On a more cheerful topic I took Niamh and Zoe to my companies hockey tournament last night. It was a spur of the moment decision since Lars was working late and I wouldn’t see him unit 8ish anyway and Niamh had asked about hockey earlier in the winter so I figure why not. It was close, it was free, and if they misbehaved we could leave any time. It was also a perk to know everyone in the stands, and, it was pretty empty so we had tons of room to move around. Niamh loved it and could not get enough of it. She loved the ref, she cheered for him every time he came close. She loved the ice, I don’t know if she meant the ice itself or ice skating but she was enamored. She also repeated everything someone else said so it was a cute parrot voice yelling ‘call it ref!’ every so often. Zoe was amused with the new sights and even let a coworker hold her for a little while. She fell asleep in her carrier on the way to the car she was so pooped from all the excitement. I had to drag Niamh away, she just kept saying ‘No, I want to watch more hockey!’ it was very cute. she also yelled touchdown when someone scored a goal, not sure why since we don’t watch football either but it was a nice way to spend the evening. Oh, the game was good too – everyone was playing nice and it was a fun thing to watch. Finally, I got a chance to use my new telephoto lens and some photography lessons I’ve been reading paid off. I’ll post a few later…
5. Not related to anything but I’ve been meaning to say that my new year’s goals (that I never did list here I think) are going well – one was to wear a dress or skirt every week and so far so good. My idea here is to just upgrade my look to feel better about myself and so far I like it. My other goal was to get better at photography and I’m reading a lot and I think soon I’ll be able to participate in some challenges from the website I’ve been lurking on. Another goal was to use and picture any gifts we get in the year, I’m a bit behind but I’ll get there.
6. Weekend plans – After many odd weekends between traveling and having visitors and an event this weekend we have no out of the ordinary plans. My goal is to get Niamh’s room moved downstairs and we are 50% there. The room is empty and ready to paint. Once the paint is done we can move things since some of the decorating touches can really wait but I have some cool ideas to make the room special for her. When she is moved its time for Zoe to cry it out… not looking forward to that but it’s time that bedtime happened.
Six random mini posts are enough. I’m tired of saying I’m tired and overworked so I’ll skip that story. School is going nicely, I like the class and the teacher but that can get its own post some other time. Zoe is now over 9m old, she has been out longer than she was in J . Back to work – lunch break over and if I’m off tomorrow I have a lot to get done today.