Happy Birthday Dad!!!
*since this completes my posting for March daily post/list challange I will list thing I like about my Dad*
1. He is a perfectionist in many things but never minds if you are not a perfectionist
2. He cooks well – especially pancakes
3. He is a great example of what a dad should be, doing what needs to be done including cooking and braiding hair, no gender stero types in our house.
4. There is something he made in every room of my house except the downstairs bathroom – at one point every piece of furniture I owned he had made.
5. He does not care that his hairstyle (the mullet) has been out of style for a very long time. I think he actually likes that my youngest sister makes such a big deal about it.
6. He taught us all the important stuff too like how to ride a bike, horse, and sail among a million other things… but we never picked up how to make a proper dovetail joint….
There is tons more but I need to go to work. Love you dad – hope you have a great birthday day (even if PM3 thinks it tomorrow).
(still no baby)
This weekend was busy busy, I dragged mom all over the place and got alot of stuff done. Saturday we went to Costco and stocked up on lots of stuff, then we went to DSW warehouse and we got great deals on shoes. I got a great pair of work shoes almost exactly like the ones I have now and love but are wearing out, a pair of adidas running shoes, and a pair of cute heels . Mom got sucked into the sketchers flats revolution (I have 2 pairs and resist all the new cool patterns) and she got some hot pink flipflops and a pair of her preferred running shoes that were super clearance.
Then we hit Target and returned some duplicates and got the crib mattress and a garbage can for diapers (very exciting stuff). Finally we went to the regular grocery store and by the end of the day I think I walked many miles…
Sunday we woke up early to go to Aikido for mom, the dojo was very easy to find and everyone seemed nice. I brought thank-you cards to write but forgot half of the cards at home so I only got half done. After Aikido we went to babies-R-Us and returned the last thing (a THIRD play gym) and exchanged it for a neat diaper bag and a set of bassinet sheets.
… Speaking of bassinet – I do not know if it will beat the baby here because it isn’t due until the 5th so there may be a laundry basket day or two 😉
Finally, this afternoon we whipped the baby room into organizational shape – the first diaper change at home should go pretty well or atleast the wipes and diapers are in logical spots.
Tomorrow I am going to try and get as much work done as possible because since they are predicting a nice big snow storm that seems like a good time to go into labor.
I’m getting to the end of March and really did not do much toward the list theme challenge, but, I so far have posted daily. The April challenge is to again post daily but the theme is ‘letters’ they say that could mean a letter to the editor or the idiot who designed the roads near me, or, pictures of letters like the very interesting sign downtown. I’m thinking my personal theme for April will be ‘infant’ but hopefully I will also have other thoughts rattling around in my brain so it does not go to complete baby mush.
So anyway, no baby yet, a little back pain (but only if I’m looking for pain) so my list for today is pretty hefty because chances are very good this is really the last prebaby weekend.
1. finish laundry including putting it away (finish is such the wrong word for laundry… it is never finished unless it is the day you decide to become a nudist who does not use towels or sheets either)
2. put up a shelf in my bedroom to replace the bedside table that is there but there will be no room for once the bassinet is there.
3. track the bassinet, I know I left ordering it off for a while but they said it shipped so I would really like to know where it is.
4. go to costo to stock up on food and stuff
5. return some stuff to Target that were duplicates and buy the crib mattress.
6. make the organization in the baby room somewhat apparent
7. write my thankyou cards (obviously this list in not in order, I’ll probalby do this first or second)
8. try and pre do some bills just in case I’m busy over the next week.
9. clean house…. never ending task
10. maybe maybe maybe tackle the messes in the garage since the weather is not too hot, not too cold and the garage is a huge mess because we just dump stuff in it because it has beento cold to really do anything out there other then grab or dump.
so the teapot is boiling, time for breakfast, hope all have a productive day too – Mom and Lars are off to fight practice~
flight was early but easy to collect so mom is now here and after lunch I have to go back to work. More tonight.
ps. no baby yet
Sorry about the late post today, have you been noticing I have been trying to post something early so everyone has something to read at their coffee breaks? Today was one of those non-stop scheduled days that practically nothing of usefulness resulted other then lots of talking about ongoing situations.
At 2:15 I headed out the door telling the group I was going to get weighed and measured and I was not coming back! I actually had another sonogram today and then a dr apt but they don’t need the gory details, I just didn’t want them to think I had run off to have a baby and didn’t tell anyone. Anyway, the sonogram was very good – the baby is right where she is supposed to be. The tech was extremely excited because we could see that the baby has lots of wispy hair and she took 2 pictures of it but it looked more cute on the screen. The baby measures well over 7pounds and is all ready to be born.
At 3 I trekked upstairs for my baby dr apt and the stupid nurse was as ditsy as ever but atleast the Dr makes up for her. He checked me out and I’m dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced so everything is moving along. He said that if I’m still pregnant by next Thursday he would like to maybe induce – I’ll see how I feel about that in a week.
Mom is arriving tomorrow and I had hoped to have the afternoon off but I have too many meetings plus all the loose ends I’m trying to tie up that I really have to get her and then get back to work.
I am now going to enjoy the nice weather and take a walk – hopefully I don’t shake the baby loose since Lars is supposed to work tonight.